I have always been skeptical of Roosh ever since he said that mens rights was a euphemism for sexual loser. After seeing him claim that DC sucks for guys, there is good reason for being skeptical of him. As someone who lives in the greater DC area, I’m going to comment on what he had to say:
1. There aren’t many attractive women. Most are sloppy, ugly, fat, and don’t care about looking good for men.
If you read the longer explanation it’s clear that he’s talking about nightlife, specifically bars and clubs. I really can’t speak to the nightlife scene in DC since that isn’t my thing. Roosh also mentions LA, NYC, and Miami. The DC area isn’t a magnet for models and actresses, but most areas aren’t. Plus, it’s not like he is getting any women at that level (just as you or I are not).
If you’re talking about about the whole DC area, Roosh is wrong. DC is the second fittest city in the US, and it was the fittest city for the last three years. I could take you to any number of places with hot women starting with my own condo building and the immediate area around it.
2. The city has boring, cookie-cutter people.
How is this different than most other places? It’s not.
3. Regardless of what surveys or Census figures say, Washington DC is the biggest sausagefest on the Eastern seaboard. This is obvious to anyone who has been out on a Saturday night.
If you read the description under this, this is really another nightlife complaint.
4. It forces you to lower your standards and date low-quality girls you would’ve never previously considered.
The description under this has to do with how guys in DC rarely get married to women originally from DC and when they do the women aren’t that great. That’s a problem with getting married to women, not DC.
5. The few girls who are pretty have princess attitudes because of all the attention they get from the surplus of desperate, horny men.
Women with princess attitudes aren’t unique to the DC area by a long shot.
6. The city is rapidly exporting cool, attractive people while importing ugly political nerds from the Midwest or upstate New York who insist on wearing flip-flops all the time.
It’s clear from the description under this, that this is another nightlife complaint.
7. There aren’t enough cute white girls for white men who don’t want to date minorities.
All this means is that you need to get out of DC proper. DC has had a high minority population, but if you expand your horizons outside of DC proper it’s not the same. Unlike most cities DC is defined arbitrarily. Places like Arlington, Alexandria, and Bethesda would be in the borders of DC if DC wasn’t the capital. (Arlington used to be a part of DC before the section of DC taken from Virginia was retroceeded back to Virginia.) In many ways those areas are “urban”.
As we see again this is a nightlife problem. And it’s a DC specific nightlife problem. Because of the unusual borders of DC, it’s important to get out of DC proper. There’s no reason not to do that.
8. Women who live in DC gradually become status whores, obsessed with what you do and if you’re getting a table at the newest club on K Street.
Other than the part about K street, that’s no different than any place else.
9. Recent implants have sucked all the character out of neighborhoods by supporting soulless corporate chains. Soon the only stores in the city will be Starbucks, Potbelly, Chipotle, or cupcake shops.
Again, this is no different than anyplace else.
10. Adams Morgan turns into an open-air ghetto on weekend nights during the summer. You can’t walk around after last call without wannabe thugs making derogatory comments at your girl.
Even in DC proper there are plenty of places better than Adams Morgan. Adams Morgan has improved a lot since the 80s even if it’s not that great now.
11. There are not as many young and nubile au-pairs coming into the city as before.
I suspect that Roosh is really complaining about the the lack of bottom of the barrel women like Anouk, who he fucked on a bus. (I think Anouk was an au pair or had a similar job.)
12. It’s one of the most expensive cities to live in the United States , yet the girls are bottom of the barrel and still expect to be treated like NYC models.
DC is expensive but that has nothing to do with the women here. Women expect to be treated like models everywhere. That’s not specific to DC.
13. The subway system is managed by retards, resulting in a high loss of life for a public transportation system in a first world city.
This one is true, but it has nothing to do with the quality or lack of quality of women here.
14. The weather sucks. It’s an intolerable swamp in the summer and cold enough in the winter that most women hibernate with their vibrators.
If you think the DC area gets cold in the winter (on a regular basis), then you have no idea what real cold is. Again, this has nothing to do with the quality of women here.
15. The HIV rate is the highest in America, exceeding that of many African nations.
This is true, but it only applies to DC proper. Plus 75% of those who have HIV in DC are black. Is Roosh so desperate now that he has gone through Anacostia (a very poor part of DC) trolling for women? I guess so.
Some of the comments to that post pretty much covered a lot of what I wrote. There were several comments about going to Arlington and taking the orange line (the metro line that goes in Northern Virginia towards where I live).
In the end there’s nothing to be said except that the DC area isn’t worse than most other places when it comes to women. (Yes, that isn’t saying much, but that’s not the point.) If I can get laid here, then shouldn’t Roosh be able to? Guess not.