(I know all of you out there are waiting for how things went last night with my experiment. I will get to that in my next post when I get enough time. I want to get this post out while its still relevant.)
There has been a lot of talk about conspiracy theories as of late of the Illuminati/NWO kind and related conspiracy theories such as alternate theories about what happened on 9/11. This video from The Onion has a debate between a 9/11 conspiracy theorist and a representative from Al Queda:
I also recommend the Penn & Teller Bullshit! episode where Penn & Teller take on 9/11, JFK conspiracy, and moon landing conspiracy theories. They also talk to a professor of political science on why people believe conspiracy theories. Unfortunately, the whole episode isn’t online, but you can watch the first part which deals with 9/11 conspiracy theories and the part where Penn & Teller debunk some of the myths of the JFK assassination. If you can catch the whole episode on Showtime, I strongly recommend watching it.
The real reason I wrote this post was to talk about Illuminati/NWO conspiracy theories. There are many variants, but they all go something like this. There is a multi-generational conspiracy to depopulate and enslave the world consisting of various corporate and government elites. This usually involves groups such as the Council on Foreign Relations, the Trilateral Commission, the Bilderberg Group, Skull and Bones, etc. Somehow they can run a conspiracy over generations (in some versions centuries or even thousands of years) without failure, but still accidentally leave clues for conspiracy theorists to pick up on. This has quite a few problems:
- Why would the Illuminati/NWO leave clues when they didn’t have to? There are claims that the pyramid on the US one dollar bill is a Illuminati/NWO symbol with the words in Latin, “Novus Ordo Seclorum” means, “new world older”. If you’re running a secret society, this violates rule 1 of running a secret society, don’t tell everyone about it. Why put that on money? Nothing is gained by doing such a thing. (As an aside the the correct translation from Latin for Novus Ordo Seclorum is, “new order of the ages” as in the beginning of the new American age.)
- How can the Illuminati/NWO maintain a multi-generational conspiracy particularly one running for hundreds or thousands of years? If everyone involved is so power hungry they should be constantly stabbing each other in the back. There should be factions fighting it out with each other. Why? Because it’s basic human nature. Everyone involved is going to want to get a leg up and this means that the multi-generational plan will fall apart.
- Conspiracy theories of the Illuminati/NWO kind violate Occam’s Razor. Usually, conspiracy theories are not the simplest explanation for anything especially considering human nature. What’s more likely 9/11 was a planned conspiracy or a lot of people got caught with their pants down and proceeded to cover their asses?
- How do you conspiracy theorists know that the conspiracy theories you believe in are the correct ones? How do you know it isn’t disinformation? For example, a lot of conspiracy theorists get their info from Alex Jones. How do they know that Alex Jones isn’t feeding them disinformation either as a patsy or because he’s part of the conspiracy? It stands to reason that if Alex Jones (or anyone else) was close to finding anything he would not be murdered but discredited by being caught in a fake child porn or pedophilia sting.
- If the Illuminati/NWO exists then why hasn’t anyone done anything about it other than write web pages and sell DVDs? For example, Alex Jones knows where these guys meet. Why hasn’t him or anyone else taken some RADICAL DIRECT ACTION against them? If they’re meeting in a hotel, then bomb the hotel. A single truck bomb will do it. Why doesn’t at least one conspiracy theorist do something that would actually damage the Illuminati/NWO potentially knocking them out permanently?
- Similarly, why hasn’t any conspiracy theorist tried to infiltrate the Illuminati/NWO? Before someone whines about how difficult this would be, you can start with getting into the CFR. Here is the CFR’s webpage about how to become a member. Becoming a member of the CFR is not that hard. I know there will be some whining about how the membership process requires recommendations. Then DO SOME WORK, and meet members of the CFR. CFR membership is not a secret. This is very doable so why isn’t anyone performing this strategy? (If I ever have the time I should see how fast I could join the CFR.)
I know a bunch of responses to this post will involve quotes from the Matrix about how I have to take the red pill, that I need to “open my mind”, that it’s “obvious” and other nonsense. If the existence of the Illuminati/NWO is really “obvious” then you will have no trouble providing ACTUAL EVIDENCE of it. (I’m not going to hold my breath waiting.)
Something that is really problematic about Illuminati/NWO conspiracy theories with respect to feminism is that it completely lets women off the hook for what they have done. If the Illuminati/NWO really exist and really wanted feminism, they could never have done it without women being WILLING participants. Conspiracy theories don’t explain anything. They just provide cover for women to avoid taking responsibility for their behavior.
I’m sure this post will cause a few conspiracy theorists to write about how I’m really a part of the Illuminati/NWO (especially given what I do for a living). I look forward to reading some incredibly imaginative writing and laughing at it.